I lost my Best FurFriend

     She was born November 4, 2005. The first time I saw her little self my heart knew she was the one I needed in my life.
I lived by myself and needed a companion. God knew she needed me just as much as I needed her. She came running to me and we became a family. Later, she wove herself into my husband's heart.
     She was more than just a dog, she was my best friend.
She listened intently to my cares and worries, she gave me unconditional love and she always greeted me with a wag of her tail.
    She loved to cuddle, slept right up against me, she knew when I needed to laugh and her many antics did the job.
    I seldom left her anywhere overnight. She helped me through some really tough times, she let me cry on her and hug her and gave an occasional lick. She was in tune with my feelings and I with hers.
   She turned 14 on November 4, 2019. On March 22, 2020 she left me. Something woke me up at 2:30 that morning and she was gone. I thought I would die. She couldn't be gone! I sang "you are my sunshine" at night when we went to bed and I always told her she had a lot of years left and she couldn't leave me. But she did. I cried for weeks and I still cry and miss her terribly. You see she was more than just a dog she was family. My heart yearns for her. I was blessed to have 14 1/2 years with my precious girl! There is a place in my heart that belongs only to her and it still grieves for her.
    Her name is Jazzi Jingles!
    I miss you sweetheart!

This is a poem I found, I don't know who the author is but its someone who truly understood what its like to lose a beloved part of your family.


THE MOMENT YOU LEFT ME

My heart split in two.
One side filled with memories, the other side died with you.
I often lay awake at night when the world  is fast asleep,
                  and take a walk down memory lane                                     with tears upon my cheek.
Remembering you is easy, I do it everyday:
but missing you is a heartache that never goes away.
I hold you tightly within my heart and there you will remain.
                  You see life has gone on without you,                                                         but will never be the same.


And another one whose author is unknown

I LOST A FRIEND

I lost a special friend today the kind you can't replace, 
and looking at her empty bed
 I can still see her beautiful face.
I know she's in a special place
our Lord has for such friends,
Where meadows, fields and flowers
help make them strong and whole again.
I know she's watching over me
She'll be with me when I cry,
So with one more kiss on her beloved head
I told my friend goodbye.



   IN LOVING MEMORY:

JAZZI JINGLES HADLEY
11/04/2005 - 04/22/2020

We may be apart, but you are always in my heart!!















Comments

  1. Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Fur babies are precious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold