With her husband away on a job until Christmas, newly-wed Amanda moves to the house they’ve inherited from his grandmother in order to prepare it for sale. In the isolated woods of northwestern South Carolina, her nearest neighbor is an elderly woman who holds onto a past way of life, even taking in wash to earn money for Christmas. As the two women work together to renovate the house, Amanda comes to realize the washwoman isn’t the eccentric kook she first thought, but a woman of wisdom and grace who helps Amanda face the demons of her past and find release from her present insecurities.





MY THOUGHTS:

I loved, loved, loved this story. Oh, how I want a Claudie Mae, aka The Washwoman, in my life. She views life with a smile and looks for the best in each day. She befriends Amanda at the right time that Amanda needs a friend and mentor. Claudie Mae is unselfish and seeks to be Christ-like in all she does. What an amazing example for us!! The ending is wonderful in how everything and everyone find there right place to be at Christmas.

Blessings,
Karen Hadley                                                                                                         Rating: 5*
I received this book as a gift and all opinions are my own.

About Elaine Manders

I'm a retired Air Force (civilian) accountant living in Warner Robins, Georgia. My interests are varied. I enjoy reading and writing Christian historical romances and inspirational commentary, golf, sewing, crocheting, knitting, politics, history, science and mathematics. I attend church regularly, and God is the center of my life. I'm proud of the good job my daughter is doing rearing my three wonderful grandchildren. God and my family make up the inner circle of my life, but I want to reach out with understanding and love to others.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold