"I Can Only Imagine" movie



                 

                    Songs speak to us - most of us have heard a song that speaks to us whether in a encouraging way or comforting way. I have, God has encouraged me, comforted me, strengthened me and helped me through some tough times all through the words from a song. My husband and I just saw the movie "I Can Only Imagine", the faith-based film based on the growing up years of Bart Millard. He is the lead singer for the band "Mercy Me".  While I was watching, there was something different in the atmosphere of the theater. I couldn't figure out what it was until later, while my husband and I went for a motorcycle ride. As I enjoyed the scenery, the reason for the difference in the atmosphere of the theater came to me clearly and it was because the presence of The Holy Spirit was there. I've seen other faith-based movies but never have I felt The Holy Spirit's presence as strongly as I felt it today. And then I wondered why? Why this movie and not the other faith-based films I've seen that encouraged, comforted and strengthened me? Bart's story (no spoilers) and his struggles are not ones that I can relate too except for two words- REDEMPTION! FORGIVENESS! I need to be constantly reminded of when I was 10 years old and God reached down and redeemed me. He forgave me of my sins, saved me and I belong to Him.

                    I've listened to K-Love and heard them talk about all the stories from people everywhere are sharing how God has used this movie to help, guide and encourage them. I can add my story to theirs. While watching this amazing movie, God brought to my attention unforgiveness that I've thought I'd dealt with and forgiven those who have hurt me in the past. I sought His forgiveness and gave it completely to Him. Another thing God reminded me of is that He hears my prayers for certain people (He knows who they are) and He will answer in His perfect timing and in His perfect way that it always best. With God there is always hope!

                     What I loved about this movie!
                                       * God doesn't leave us alone to deal with our past, He's right there with us.
                                       * God understands how hard it is for us to forgive others. (It's so hard) Only through Him can we forgive.
                                       * When this song was released it became the #1 most requested song not only on Christian radio but secular radio as well. How awesome is that!!
                                       * Bart saw the incredible work of God in his life and in the life of his father. A great reminder that there isn't anyone beyond the Grace of God-it has no boundaries. Those we think will never change, circumstances we think are impossible or we think our prayers for those we love will never be answered. THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD! 
                                       *   I believe the many people praying about this movie before it even  went into developing stage is the reason I could feel the presence of The Holy Spirit. (This still just leaves me speechless)
                                       * Through this movie God has something for you to hear. I'd love to hear how He speaks to you through this story. Please leave a comment if you would like to share that or if you have a prayer request that I can pray for you.

So, please join me in prayer as many goes to see this incredible movie, that God will touch those who are saved and are struggling with something or someone in their life. Pray for those that watch this movie who are lost that they realize God forgives and they would experience HIS REDEMPTION! 


BLESSINGS,
KAREN

I Can Only Imagine
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk, by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When you face is before me
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
Surrounded by You glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus
Or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah
Will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes
When I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine when all I would do is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
Surrounded by Your glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for You, Jesus
Or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah
Will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine hey ya ah
Surrounded by Your glory
What will my heart feel
Will I dance for You, Jesus
Or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in Your presence
Or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah
Will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine hey ya ah
I can only imagine yeah yeah
I can only imagine
I can only imagine ey ey ey
I can only imagine
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship You
I can only imagine
Songwriters: Bart Marshall Millard
I Can Only Imagine lyrics © Music Services, Inc
            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold