OCTOBER 3, 2016

    I finished reading my first book by Michelle Griep.
I thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to reading more books by her.

"The Captive Heart" by Michelle Griep 


ABOUT THE BOOK:
  Proper English governess Eleanor Morgan flees to the colonies to escape the wrath of a brute of an employer. When the Charles Town family she’s to work for never arrives to collect her from the dock, she is forced to settle for the only reputable choice remaining to her—marriage to a man she’s never met. Trapper and tracker Samuel Heath is a hardened survivor used to getting his own way by brain or by brawn, and he’s determined to find a mother for his young daughter. But finding a wife proves to be impossible. No upstanding woman wants to marry a murderer.

My Review:
      I enjoy novels that not only are a great read but remind me of the history of our country. The brave people that fought for freedom. The hardships they endured even to the point of being an indentured servant. Michelle Griep does a excellent job capturing that bravery. Eleanor finds herself is such a position except as a indentured wife. Her world is turned upside down when Samuel and his sweet daughter Grace become her instant family. I enjoyed this book and recommend others to read it.  You will grow to love the characters of Samuel, Eleanor, Mollie and Biz. Grace will instantly warm your heart. It's a gotta keep reading to find out what happens next.

Blessings, 
Karen Hadley

I received this book for my honest review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold