March 15, 2016
Got words? Oh yeah, you do! The average women speaks over 20,000 a day—not to mention the ones she types online. Karen Ehman—a woman whose words have often landed her in a heap of trouble— shares from experience the how’s (and how-not-to’s) of dealing with the tongue in her new book Keep It Shut . Using biblical examples, as well as Karen’s own personal (and sometimes painful!) stories, Keep It Shut will equip you to know what to say, how best to say it, and when you’d better just keep your lips zipped!
This book will teach you:
• The difference between gossip and properly processing with a trusted friend
• A helpful grid for using our digital tongues as we talk online or on social media
• How to pause before you pounce, attacking the problem but not the person
• How to avoid saying something permanently painful just because you are temporarily ticked off
• What the Bible teaches about making our speech laced with grace, as sweet as honey, and yet seasoned with salt
My Review: Controlling our tongue is one of the hardest disciplines there is in our Christian Walk. This book is filled with helpful hints to use when it comes to our speech. What we say either builds or tears down. Karen Ehman does an excellent job in teaching about this topic. It is a every day struggle to watch what we say or post. This is a book everyone (whether female or male) should read.