February 25, 2016

    "The Reckoning" by Marylu Tyndall

When Morgan Shaw crept into the hold of an old pirate ship replica at San Diego’s Annual Tall Ship Festival, her only intention was to avoid the guy who had just dumped her. What she didn’t expect was to wake up aboard a real pirate ship three-hundred years in the past.

Captain Rowan Dutton is but one prize away from accomplishing his goal when a strange woman appears on his ship and causes him to lose his prey. Despite his anger, he is enthralled with the little minx.

Yet when the brazen little lady divulges Rowan’s secret to a longtime nemesis, events are triggered that could cost them both their lives and change the course of history forever.


My Review:

       I enjoy Marylu's unique writing style in novels with pirates and ships. I listened to "The Reckoning" on audio. This was the first audio book for me. It was an adjustment for me to switch from reading to listening but as I moved farther into the book I began to like the audio.  Regardless of whether you like to read or listen you will totally enjoy this story. A travel back in time setting that is written in such a convincing way that you will find yourself on the ship alongside Morgan. I rooted for Rowen, cheered when Morgan found the Lord, adored Edith and loved Nick. I always enjoy the return of previous characters from preceding novels. The ending was amazing and well done.

Blessings,

Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold