MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2015

It has been a busy time at work getting ready for the annual meeting. I'm still reading, of course. I just have not been able to post anything because of the time.

REVIEWS FOR TWO BOOKS I'VE READ

AMONGST THE FLAMES BY T.K. CHAPIN

26125157I enjoyed this book. I read it in two days. The heart of the story is family. This is seen through a male firefighter's perspective, Cole's. God draws Cole back to Him when everything Cole takes for granted in one day is gone. You see God's hand all through this novel in a healing and mighty way. I enjoyed seeing this story through the eyes of the main character, Cole. The problem that surfaces in his life is one that affects many marriages today. Cole is faced with a decision that will change his whole life. This novel gathers marital problems and reveals that godly men are not quiet but they take a stand on God's word and mentor those that cross their path. The mentor to Cole is a likeable guy that encourages Cole and often reminds him of the truth whether Cole wanted to hear it or not. We live in an imperfect world with imperfect people and family problems arise. Some may be easy to get through yet others are much harder. I was reminded to not take anything for granted, it can be gone in the blink of an eye. Forgiveness is hard but necessary to grow in my walk with the Lord! Forgiving others and for others to forgive me, that power comes only from God.



23637023This is a good book. At times it was a challenge to read because it was a bit difficult to keep my attention and in other places it wasn't and I wanted to keep reading. It does help one know the perspective of a child that lived through WWII. It did end in the way I hoped.









Blessings,

Karen Hadley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold