HAPPY MONDAY FROM OKLAHOMA!

My latest book that I read is "Born Of Persuasion"
by Jessica Dotta. This is the first book that I have read
by her.  I am a forever fan after reading book one in
her series "The Price of Privelege".
born_of_persuasion_book
First let me say "WOW"! From the first word you read you will
be drawn into Julia's life. Beautiful, trusting, innocent orphan who is willing to trust everyone but soon learns the hard way that not everyone is trustworthy. Jessica engages her readers into a magnificently written book and keeps you reading long past bedtime. It is packed full of secrets and the suspense will have you holding your breath. The characters are witty and fascinating. Hold on as you twist and turn throughout the book. Jessica definitely has her own style in her writing and it is refreshing.
Excellent Book!

Here is a sneak peek of Book One:


LATER, when I allowed myself to confront the memories, to dwell on the particulars, I realized my arrival at Am Meer marked the beginning.
Not the mysterious letters that drained the life from Mama.
Not her suicide.
And not the two men arriving at dusk, stomping mud from their boots in the foyer, bearing ill tidings.
Nay—not even the disconcerting news that I had a guardian, one who intended to keep me sequestered. For those happenings were not my story. I was sinless there.
They were the end result of events set in motion long before I arrived at the cottage. I could no more have stopped their unfolding than I could have prevented my own birth.

See, makes you want to read the book!


BLESSINGS,
KAREN HADLEY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold