AUGUST 31, 2015

Psalm 18: 1-2
      "I Love You, Lord; You are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and stronghold."

This is such a awesome and humbling prayer. God reminds me how limited I am in facing all the stuff life throws at me. But He is not limited. He is limitless! There is absolutely nothing in my life or your life that God can't handle. Psalm 18 is written by David at a time when he was being attacked by enemies. David was confident in God's protection. We can be confident in God's protection. Even as I write this satan, the enemy is attacking in a very vulnerable area in my life. I cling to God! He is my lifeline! Yet I struggle with what I believe and the emotions that intercept that belief. It feels like tug of war in my heart.  These two verses are a continuous  prayer and a constant reminder of just how great is my God. Daily these verses remind me that God is truth and is and will forever be in control. I acknowledge God as my strength, He is mighty, powerful and able. God is my rock. He can not and will not be moved. He is steadfast! He is my fortress! He is my place of safety. I love that! He holds me in the palm of His mighty hand. He is my shield. He stands between me and the enemy. I shudder to think what it looks like from God's perspective as He sees both sides of the shield. Even during the times I think are real tough I wonder what God is holding back from attacking me, what I can't see or even comprehend. He is my Stronghold! He is my Salvation! He is my Savior! No, life is not easy, God never says it will be but take heart He is the one through whom we can rely on, trust, survive and grow deeper and closer to in our spiritual relationship with Him. My God has given me an awesome husband who God works through to encourage, guide and pray for me. I am blessed!
 He was, He is and He is coming! He Is!


Blessings,

Karen Hadley

-Please comment with how God protects you, guides you or someone He has placed in your life that blesses you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pint of No Return by Dana Mentink

The Scarlet Pen

Bridge of Gold